The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services maintains the State's
"Do Not Call" list. Florida residents who do not wish to receive sales
calls may have their residential, mobile or paging device telephone number included
on this list. Business numbers may not be included on the list.
Florida Do Not Call Statute - Telephone solicitation, the
complete Florida Statute.
Deadlines to Subscribe.
- Check the Deadlines to Subscription information.
Do Not Call Complaint Form
- Download Paper Form
Some unsolicited sales calls are exempt from the provisions of the law. Solicitors
may make calls, when:
- A prior or existing business relationship exists.
- In response to an express request of the person called.
- From a newspaper publisher.
- In connection with an existing debt or contract.
- A real estate agent responds to a yard sign or other advertisement.
Furthermore, some solicitations calls are not "telephonic sales calls" as defined
in the statute because they typically are not selling a product or service. Generally,
these calls are from:
- Charitable organizations seeking donations.
- Political candidates and political parties seeking donation.
- Research or survey companies seeking an opinion.
- Collection agencies trying to locate a debtor or collect on a debt.
Effective July 1, 2013, a telephone solicitor may not initiate an outbound telephone
call to a consumer who has previously communicated to the telephone solicitor that
he or she does not wish to receive a telephone call:
- Made on behalf of the seller whose goods or services are being offered; or
- Made on behalf of a charitable organization for which a charitable contribution
is being solicited.
If you receive a call from a professional solicitor, charity or seller of goods
and you no longer wish to receive calls from that entity, tell the organization
that you no longer wish to receive solicitations. Additionally, file a complaint
with the department so that there will be a record that you have previously requested
that the entity stop contacting you via telephone. Businesses and charities are
required to maintain a list of consumers who have made a do-not-call request, and
it is a violation to call a consumer who has asked to be placed on the company's
If you have any questions, please contact us:
1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) Calling from Florida
850-410-3800 Calling from outside of Florida
Terry Rhodes Building
2005 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, FL 32399-6500
Map to the office